Futurist Gerd Leonhard breaks new ground again by bringing together mankind’s urge to upgrade and automate everything—down to human biology itself—with our timeless quest for freedom and happiness.
Before it’s too late, we must stop and ask the big questions: How do we embrace technology without becoming it? When it happens—gradually, then suddenly—the machine era will create the greatest watershed in human life on Earth.
Technology vs. Humanity is one of the last moral maps we’ll get as humanity enters the Jurassic Park of Big Tech. Artificial intelligence. Cognitive computing. The Singularity. Digital obesity. Printed food.
Pandemia e ripercussioni psichiche
The Internet of Things. The death of privacy. The end of work-as-we-know-it, and radical longevity: The imminent clash between technology and humanity is already rushing towards us. What moral values are you prepared to stand up for—before being human alters its meaning forever?
Gerd Leonhard is a new kind of futurist schooled in the humanities as much as in technology. In his most provocative book to date, he explores the exponential changes swamping our societies, providing rich insights and deep wisdom for business leaders, professionals and anyone with decisions to make in this new era. If you take being human for granted, press Reset now with this passionately argued call to create a genuinely braver new world.
In Technology vs. Humanity Leonhard puts a spotlight on the issues and developments that will shape our world:
- What are the technological Megashifts that will transform life, work, business, the economy, and government?
- Will scientific advances enable the next generation live to be 200?
- Is Digital Obesity the next big pandemic?
- Are we approaching the end of work-as-we-know-it?
- Will we all be eating printed food in the future?
- Why don't Big Data, the Internet of Things, and Artificial Intelligence have the same kind of global governance policies and standards that we’ve demanded and imposed on previous technological revolutions such as nuclear power?
- How can we address the urgent need for Digital Ethics before Silicon Valley and its cohorts assume mission control for the species previously known as homo sapiens?
- We are rushing ever faster towards a society shaping clash between technology and humanity. So, if we are indeed the last fully ‘human-only’ generation on Planet Earth, shouldn't 2016 see the start of a conversation about where all this is leading?
This is the second in Fast Future Publishing’s FutureScapes series of books looking at the core issues and ideas shaping the future agenda for mankind.
The book is available at www.fastfuturepublishing.com and there is a 20% pre-launch discount for purchases made before the September 8th launch date.